With the 42 inch by 30 inch small-format HP pallet, full case and split cases can be sorted and loaded at the distribution center, according to a news release. Once delivered to the store, it can be used as a replenishment vehicle at point of sale. Upon arrival at the retailer, pallets can be moved directly to the floor, reducing labor costs and maximizing storage space.
The pallet’s 30 inch width eases access through narrow doorways and tight store aisles, the release said, Contoured corners won’t damage product, and solid body construction accommodates a variety of load sizes and weights.
Other attributes of the small format HP pallet:
- allows faster deliveries with improved maneuverability in stores;
- truckload density, with 45 pallet locations per 53-foot trailer;
- generous clearance for forklifts to de-nest a full stack of pallets, with slanted fork entry and a discontinuous, stepped pallet lip;
- easy of handling, with a 20-pound tare weight and ergonomic hand holes; and
- improved efficiency with molded-in stretch wrap notches in each pallet corner.
The non-porous construction allows easy floor cleaning and handling at retail, according to the release.
Orbis pallets are fully recyclable.