The likelihood of an apricot purchase slipped four percentage points from Fresh Trends 2012. The likelihood of purchase generally increased according to income.
California’s Agricultural Labor Relations Board has until Dec. 1 to explain to the California Court of Appeals whether it abused its discretion when it refused to count ballots last year regarding the unionization of employees at Gerawan Farming Inc.
Beginning Aug. 12, the California Grape and Tree Fruit League will be known as the California Fresh Fruit Association.
FRESNO, Calif. — As the regional local product forager for Whole Foods, Harv Singh likes to attend the Fresno Food Expo, keeping his eyes and ears open for new trends.
Stemilt Growers has launched a promotion for peak apricot season.
Stemilt Growers’ 2014 apricot harvest kicked off a week earlier than last year, and the company expects a big crop.More Packer Stories for Apricots
Market Scope - Apricots — F.o.b.s as of July 21
YAKIMA VALLEY AND WENATCHEE DISTRICT, WASH. — Shipments (19-22-30) — Movement expected about the same. Trading fairly active. Prices generally unchanged. Perfection and rival Washington 1 cartons two-layer tray pack 60-64s $24-26; 70-72s $22-24; 80s $20-22; 24-pound cartons loose 1 7/8-inch minimum $22-24; 1 5/8-inch minimum $18-20. Quality generally good.
- Eat Brighter! recruited for asian pear imports
- Industry anticipates Obama’s moves on immigration
- Potandon Produce sponsers philanthropical race
- Despite drought, California clementines plentiful for Christmas
- USDA formula calculates 2015 fee increases
- USDA announces Market Access Program funding for 2015
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- Produce execution plagues Wal-Mart
- Wal-Mart refocuses on perishables but can it pull it off?
- Thanksgiving Twitter party for Produce Mom
- Sun Pacific buys Cuties brand, breaks ties with Paramount Citrus
- Salinas growers confront labor shortage