The likelihood of an apricot purchase slipped four percentage points from Fresh Trends 2012. The likelihood of purchase generally increased according to income.
Stemilt Growers has launched a promotion for peak apricot season.
Stemilt Growers’ 2014 apricot harvest kicked off a week earlier than last year, and the company expects a big crop.
In mid-June, Frieda’s Angelcots’, white apricots that are a hybrid of Moroccan and Iranian apricot varieties, season will begin.
Moonlight Sales Corp. has become a licensee of Sun World International LLC and will market its stone fruit and brands.
Grower Direct Marketing LLC and O-G Packing & Cold Storage Co. are now shipping their MonsterCot apricots.More Packer Stories for Apricots
Market Scope - Apricots — F.o.b.s as of July 14
YAKIMA VALLEY AND WENATCHEE DISTRICT, WASH. — Shipments (19-22-30) — Movement expected to increase slightly. Trading fairly active. Perfection and rival Washington 1 cartons two-layer tray pack 60-64s $24-26; 70-72s $22-24; 80s $20-22; 24-pound cartons loose 1 7/8-inch minimum $22-24; 1 5/8-inch minimum $18-20. Quality generally good.
- Let’s ride ‘No GMO’ all the way to tropical paradise
- USDA proposes access for Chinese apples
- Sysco pays $19.4 million to settle refrigeration case
- USDA restricts New Farm, Parker Products for PACA violations
- Wind storms to affect banana supplies
- UPDATED: California crop losses could surpass $800 million