The likelihood of an apricot purchase slipped four percentage points from Fresh Trends 2012. The likelihood of purchase generally increased according to income.
Beginning Aug. 12, the California Grape and Tree Fruit League will be known as the California Fresh Fruit Association.
FRESNO, Calif. — As the regional local product forager for Whole Foods, Harv Singh likes to attend the Fresno Food Expo, keeping his eyes and ears open for new trends.
Stemilt Growers has launched a promotion for peak apricot season.
Stemilt Growers’ 2014 apricot harvest kicked off a week earlier than last year, and the company expects a big crop.
In mid-June, Frieda’s Angelcots’, white apricots that are a hybrid of Moroccan and Iranian apricot varieties, season will begin.More Packer Stories for Apricots
Market Scope - Apricots — F.o.b.s as of July 21
YAKIMA VALLEY AND WENATCHEE DISTRICT, WASH. — Shipments (19-22-30) — Movement expected about the same. Trading fairly active. Prices generally unchanged. Perfection and rival Washington 1 cartons two-layer tray pack 60-64s $24-26; 70-72s $22-24; 80s $20-22; 24-pound cartons loose 1 7/8-inch minimum $22-24; 1 5/8-inch minimum $18-20. Quality generally good.
- Food safety regulations will change industry, Brackett says
- Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- Greening not likely to affect Texas citrus volumes, quality
- USDA releases final 2008-2012 crop numbers
- Huron lettuce growers mull fall water supply
- Guess who’s not hating on GMOs — you’ll be surprised