There’s been a bit of hue and cry over the prospect of Chinese oranges hitting the U.S. market.
Business updates for January 2015 citrus marketing section
Cecelia Packing Corp., Orange Cove, Calif., began shipping heirloom navel oranges in the second week of January under its Sky Valley label.
Limoneira Co. posted a 42% increase in profit for fiscal 2014 compared to 2013 and is projecting even higher profits for 2015 based on anticipated sales of between 3.2 million and 3.4 million cartons of fresh lemons.
A possible opening of the U.S. market to China citrus is still at least several months away.More Packer Stories for Citrus
Market Scope - Tangerines — F.o.b.s as of Jan. 12
FLORIDA — Shipments (23-38-47, includes export 1-2-1) — Prices not reported.
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- Nogales veteran Alberto Maldonado dies
- UPDATED: FDA to establish new food safety program
- Sun Pacific buys Cuties brand, breaks ties with Paramount Citrus
- Asian food safety officials react to Bidart Bros. apple recall
- ALBA hires general manager and director of sales