The mango board is one of 20 research and promotion boards authorized by Congress. These boards give growers the opportunity to grow markets for their products and conduct necessary research and promotions.
New members of the board serving a three-year term beginning Jan. 1 include:
- Kenneth Nabal of Idaho Falls, Idaho;
- Christopher Ciruli of Tubac, Ariz.;
- Jiovani Guevara of Monterey, Calif.
- Jorge Eustacio Perez Calderon of Culiacan, Sinaloa, Mexico;
- Reynaldo Hilbck of Miraflores, Piura, Peru;
- Altamir Guilherme Martins of Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil.
Also joining the board is domestic producer Jean Sapp of Lehigh Acres, Fla. Sapp is serving a two-year term effective immediately.