Organic specialist Bridges Produce has partnered with a cranberry packer.
Producers and handlers can now access $13 million in farm bill funds to help offset the costs of organic certification.
CHICAGO — The margins are slim, the weather is a continuous threat and the hours are long, but the fresh produce industry is still a money maker and expected to provide increasing revenues for growers, shippers and retailers as Americans pursue better health.
CHICAGO – It’s expansion season at Sundance Organics, where a larger staff and additional warehouse space are in the works to meet customer demands.
CHICAGO — The local buzz is more like a dull roar among consumers, many of whom are now looking for local before organic. That increasing demand means challenges for retailers and foodservice.More Packer Stories for Organic Fruits
- Let’s ride ‘No GMO’ all the way to tropical paradise
- USDA proposes access for Chinese apples
- Sysco pays $19.4 million to settle refrigeration case
- USDA restricts New Farm, Parker Products for PACA violations
- UPDATED: California crop losses could surpass $800 million
- Wind storms to affect banana supplies