This fuzzy stone fruit is one of the top fruits in Fresh Trends 2013, but the likelihood of a peach purchase fell 10 percentage points from last year.
Southeast peaches will be slow out of the gate due to an early-spring cold blast, which cause significant losses for some growers.
Apples likely made it through a cold, snowy Michigan winter in good shape, but other fruits may not have been as lucky.
Tomra Sorting Solutions plans to show customers its products and services at the Canadian Produce Marketing Association convention and trade show April 2-4 in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Fresno, Calif.-based Fresh Fruit Cuts plans to begin its first full season of marketing sliced peaches and nectarines under its Woot Froot brand in mid-May with upgrades to its facility.
At the California Grape & Tree Fruit League’s annual meeting, the trade group elected David Jackson, president of Reedley, Calif.-based Family Tree Farms, as chairman of its board.More Packer Stories for Peaches
Market Scope - Peaches — F.o.b.s as of April 14
CHILE — Imports (14-7-0) — Imports via boat. Movement expected to decrease as shipping season concludes. Port of entry: Los Angeles and Port of entry: Philadelphia. Supplies insufficient and in too few hands to establish a market. LAST REPORT.
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- Pom Wonderful, FTC argue label language in appeals court
- California expects minimal losses despite drought
- UPDATED: Fruit, vegetable prices on the rise with drought
- Salinas Valley back in the black; prices, demand up
- Rivermaid Trading joins cherry optical sorting revolution