This fuzzy stone fruit is one of the top fruits in Fresh Trends 2013, but the likelihood of a peach purchase fell 10 percentage points from last year.
Dan Symms, an executive at Caldwell, Idaho-based fruit grower-shipper Symms Fruit Ranch, died Oct. 7 of cancer. He was 52.
"The stars — they’re beautiful, aren’t they?” — “Men in Black” I think of this movie line when I see a nice display of new red potatoes on a wet rack.
Albertsons produce departments in Southern California featured Disney-themed displays of stone fruit from Scattaglia Growers & Shippers for three weeks in July and August.
Harris-Teeter Super Markets Inc., and one of the East Coast’s largest peach growers helped needy people enjoy the taste of peaches through donations to North Carolina food banks.
Beginning Aug. 12, the California Grape and Tree Fruit League will be known as the California Fresh Fruit Association.More Packer Stories for Peaches
Market Scope - Peaches — F.o.b.s as of Sept. 29
CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN SAN JOAQUIN VALLEY DISTRICT, CALIF. — Shipments (112-53-50) — Movement expected to decrease. Most shippers have finished for the season with supplies in too few hands to establish market. Light shipments expected to continue through Oct. 15. LAST REPORT.
YAKIMA VALLEY AND WENATCHEE DISTRICT, WASH. — Shipments (23-14-5) — Movement expected to decrease. Trading moderate. Prices generally unchanged. Cartons two-layer tray pack various yellow-flesh varieties supplies insufficient to establish a market. LAST REPORT for 2014 peaches.
- California Avocado Commission expands focus to sandwiches
- Bolthouse CEO is Produce Marketer of the Year
- FDA seeks to mesh public and private food safety accountability
- Mighties brand kiwis join Sun Pacific's Cuties
- Spezzano receives 2014 Robert L. Carey Leadership Award
- Vidalia onion growers sell operations to billionaire Bill Gates
- UPDATED: Wal-Mart vows to create more sustainable food system
- Georgia growers starting pomegranate production
- New Stemilt apple bags aimed at juicers
- Industry has opportunity to reframe food waste issue
- UPDATED: Cyclospora source remains unknown as cases increase
- The great green pepper ‘mango’ mystery