Lease negotiations between Dole Fresh Fruit Co., and the Port of Gulfport could extend Dole’s presence — and capacity — at the port for more than two decades.
Chiquita Brands International Inc., is exporting from an upgraded Guatemalan port.
Turbana Corp., is helping physically disadvantaged children in its Colombia banana groves.
The addition of sales and sourcing personnel to the staff of New Limeco LLC aims to build the company’s Latin American fruit and vegetable business.
U.S. importers expect larger volumes of papayas, limes and other fruits this season.More Packer Stories for Plantains
- New melon varieties boast sweetness, firm flesh
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- UPDATED: Sun World names new CEO, details strategy
- Organically Grown joins fair trade group
- Chiquita’s moving costs could top $40 million; new board in place
- Global Organic Specialty hires salesman