Turbana Corp., is helping physically disadvantaged children in its Colombia banana groves.
The addition of sales and sourcing personnel to the staff of New Limeco LLC aims to build the company’s Latin American fruit and vegetable business.
U.S. importers expect larger volumes of papayas, limes and other fruits this season.
Turbana Corp. is launching it s “Growing Smiles, Sharing Goodness” campaign to encourage Americans to live actively, eat healthy and become involved community service.
An agreement between Chiquita Brands International Inc. and Organics Unlimited will expand organic banana offerings in the U.S. with fruit from Mexico and Ecuador.More Packer Stories for Plantains
- Greening not likely to affect Texas citrus volumes, quality
- USDA releases final 2008-2012 crop numbers
- Food safety regulations will change industry, Brackett says
- South Florida’s International Cold Storage relocating
- The decline and fall of the local food movement (at USDA)?
- USDA proposes additional South Africa citrus access