The likelihood of a pomegranate purchase increased three percentage points from Fresh Trends 2012.
New fresh-cut fruit snack cups from the Tom Lange Co. are scheduled to be introduced for nationwide sale under the brand Actual Produce at Fresh Summit.
Though Georgia’s pomegranate industry is in its infancy, a group of growers is working to increase production to meet future demand.
A trio of citrus and import sales veterans has started Classic Harvest, an importer and grower-shipper of citrus and grapes.
Ruby Fresh will showcase a new pomegranate aril package at the Produce Marketing Association’s Fresh Summit convention in October.
Pom Wonderful is turning to television for the first time in three years with plans to launch its “Crazy Healthy” advertising campaign in October.More Packer Stories for Pomegranates
Market Scope - Pomegranates — F.o.b.s as of Nov. 17
SAN JOAQUIN VALLEY DISTRICT, CALIF. — Shipments (9-12-6) — Movement expected to decrease. Trading moderate. Prices 26-28s and 30-32s lower, others generally unchanged. Cartons two-layer tray pack wonderful 22-24s mostly $22.85-24.85, 26-28s mostly $21.85-22.85, 30-32s mostly $20.95, 34-36s mostly $16.85-17.85, 40-42s $14.85-16.85. Extra services included.
- Ag labor not part of Obama's immigration plan
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- Sun Pacific buys Cuties brand, breaks ties with Paramount Citrus
- Wiggle room needed on sourcing GMO fruits and vegetables
- Thanksgiving Twitter party for Produce Mom
- Produce execution plagues Wal-Mart