The likelihood of a pomegranate purchase increased three percentage points from Fresh Trends 2012.
Beginning Aug. 12, the California Grape and Tree Fruit League will be known as the California Fresh Fruit Association.
The drought in California isn’t expected to derail what is being described as a big crop of pomegranates.
A new line of pomegranate aril snacks from Ruby Fresh is scheduled to debut at the Produce Marketing Association’s Foodservice Conference & Expo in Monterey, Calif., July 25-27.
DINUBA, Calif. — Fresh Select LLC was one of nearly 30 firms and the only produce company that will share in about $29 million of tax credits designed to enhance job creation and hiring.
Mountain View Fruit Sales, Reedley, Calif., is adding the Non-GMO Project Verified logo to packaging, its website and social media outlets.More Packer Stories for Pomegranates
Market Scope - Pomegranates — F.o.b.s as of Nov. 25
SAN JOAQUIN VALLEY DISTRICT, CALIF. — Shipments (15-7-7) — Movement expected to decrease. Trading fairly active. Prices higher. Cartons two-layer wonderful 22s $24.55-26.55, 24s $24.55-26.55, 26s $22.55-24.55, 28s $22.55-24.55, 30s $18.55-21.55, 32s $18.55-21.55. Extra services included. Some shippers have finished for the season.
- From the show floor: Midwest Produce Expo 2014 booths 1
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- From the show floor: Midwest Produce Expo 2014 booths 2
- From the show floor: Midwest Produce Expo 2014 booths 4
- From the show floor: Midwest Produce Expo 2014 booths 3
- Brazilians still pushing for Chiquita