Frieda’s Inc. wants “to change the way America eats fruits & vegetables” with a scary new campaign.
Coosemans L.A. Shipping Inc. and its partners have provided about 400 tons of regionally grown specialty produce at below-wholesale prices in four years of support for the nonprofit Los Angeles Food Policy Council, which serves families in need.
Seasonal starts for Sunkist Growers specialty citrus items continue as shipments of Pixie tangerines are expected to begin in mid-March.
California Rare Fruit Growers has declared 2014 the year of the quince.
Wearing team shirts in purple with the slogan “Eat one fruit a day that scares you,” Frieda’s Inc. staff members ran in a 5-kilometer race at Los Alamitos, Calif.More Packer Stories for Specialties
Market Scope - Market Scope - Persimmons — F.o.b.s as of Dec. 9
SAN JOAQUIN VALLEY DISTRICT, CALIF. — Shipments (6-6-6) — Movement expected to decrease seasonally. Trading moderate. Prices lower. Cartons one-layer fuyu 20s $9.25-9.75, 22s mostly $9.25; hachiya 15s $10.75-12.75, 16s $10.75-12.75, 17s $9.75-11.75, 18s $9.75-11.75, 20s $7.75-9.75, 22s $7.75-9.75. Extra services included.
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- Fruit, vegetable prices on the rise with drought
- Auditor liability changing as courts, companies speak up
- Bland Farms begins packing Vidalia onions
- From the show floor: CPMA 2014 expo booths No. 1
- Vidalia onion grower, state official both claim victory in court