Produce industry veteran Albert Ramirez has joined New Limeco LLC as director of sales.
The specialty crop course set for Oct. 7-9 in Watsonville, Calif., will include sessions with the Center for Produce Safety, Ocean Mist Farms, Fresh Express, Floricultura, the Monterey County agricultural commissioner and others.
Frieda’s is supporting the U.S. Department of Agriculture Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Program and has worked with schools to assist wholesale partners in bringing more specialty items into schools.
Sterino Farms knew its leeks and fennel were quality products, but it turns out that some consumers — possibly a lot — don’t know what those items are or how to use them.
Working with retailers to grow interest in the specialty produce category is a top goal for shippers.More Packer Stories for Specialties
Market Scope - Market Scope - Persimmons — F.o.b.s as of Dec. 9
SAN JOAQUIN VALLEY DISTRICT, CALIF. — Shipments (6-6-6) — Movement expected to decrease seasonally. Trading moderate. Prices lower. Cartons one-layer fuyu 20s $9.25-9.75, 22s mostly $9.25; hachiya 15s $10.75-12.75, 16s $10.75-12.75, 17s $9.75-11.75, 18s $9.75-11.75, 20s $7.75-9.75, 22s $7.75-9.75. Extra services included.
- Calavo posts record quarterly profit; launches FreshRealm
- Criminal case against Mucci companies, execs moves forward
- Colombia to boost ag acreage in response to U.S. free trade deal
- Al Finer Co. closes doors in Philly
- Consumer acceptance of biotech produce growing
- Industry needs to engage House GOP on immigration