Frieda’s Inc. is promoting multicolored vegetables and fruits for the winter holidays as part of a campaign dubbed “Try This Not That.”
In keeping with the Halloween spirit, Los Alamitos, Calif.-based Frieda’s Produce is promoting spooky yet healthful specialty fruits and vegetables.
Dave’s Specialty Imports Inc., is adding another berry to its mix.
California’s drought, with its hot dry conditions, may have been a bane to many fruit and vegetable producers, but it’s been a boon to the state’s date growers.
Dates, cultivation of which extends back to Mesopotamian civilization, have seen a surge in popularity, fueled by strong demand during religious holidays and increasingly health-conscious consumers.More Packer Stories for Specialties
Market Scope - Persimmons — F.o.b.s as of Dec. 8
SAN JOAQUIN VALLEY DISTRICT, CALIF. — Shipments (4-3-0) — Movement expected decrease. Trading moderate. Prices generally unchanged. Cartons one-layer fuyu 15-16s $12.85-14.85, 17-18s mostly $12.85, 20-22s $9.85-10.85. Most shippers have finished for the season. Extra services included.
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- UPDATED: FDA to establish new food safety program
- Nogales veteran Alberto Maldonado dies
- Sun Pacific buys Cuties brand, breaks ties with Paramount Citrus
- Red Diamond Farms boasts new vine-ripe tomato
- UPDATED: Florida citrus leader Richard Kinney remembered