MODESTO, Calif. — If the $2.4 billion California citrus industry is to survive, it must maintain Asian citrus psyllid detection and control programs to buy time until fixes for the deadly citrus disease it carries are discovered.
DUNDEE, Fla. — Compared to last year, this fall is bringing higher quality of Florida citrus and grapefruit is opening the season with lower than expected prices.
Montreal-based Capespan North America has hired citrus industry veteran Dan Borboa as senior sales representative working out of Bakersfield and Reedley, Calif.
(UPDATED COVERAGE, June 25) An operating merger between two Indian River citrus companies could make Greene River Packing one of the state’s largest citrus packers.
BONITA SPRINGS, Fla. — The latest forecast shows continuing production declines for Florida oranges.More Packer Stories for Tangelos
Market Scope - Tangelos — F.o.b.s as of Nov. 17
FLORIDA — Shipments (0-2-8, includes export 0-0-0) — Prices not reported.
- Ag labor not part of Obama's immigration plan
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- Sun Pacific buys Cuties brand, breaks ties with Paramount Citrus
- Wiggle room needed on sourcing GMO fruits and vegetables
- Thanksgiving Twitter party for Produce Mom
- Produce execution plagues Wal-Mart