A research group, led by a University of Florida bacteriologist, has created a genetic road map of a new strain of citrus greening that could further threaten Florida’s citrus industry.
There’s no more important issue to the U.S. citrus industry than fighting greening disease, also called huanglongbing.
California Gov. Jerry Brown has vetoed a bill that would have appropriated $5 million annually from the state general fund to fight citrus diseases and the pests that spread them.
Traps within California’s Central Valley citrus-production area have picked up three more Asian citrus psyllids during the past 10 days, prompting the state to enact another quarantine.
Sunriver Sales, Visalia, Calif., will handle citrus marketing for Sunburst Packing Co., Porterville, this season under an agreement finalized Sept. 13.More Packer Stories for Tangelos
Market Scope - Market Scope - Tangelos — F.o.b.s as of Dec. 9
SOUTH AND CENTRAL DISTRICT, CALIF. — Harvest of minneolas in district three (Southern California desert and Arizona) was expected to begin the week of Dec. 9 and remain very light through Jan. 1, then increase seasonally. Quality expected to be generally good. FIRST REPORT.
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- California citrus growers access damage
- UPDATED: Dulcinea Farms sold to Pacific Trellis
- UPDATED: Packing on hold to assess California citrus damage
- Amazon Fresh expands to San Francisco market