Mann Packing Co. is launching an 11-ounce vegetable kit, Snap Pea Sensations, in two flavors — Asian Sesame and Mediterranean Style.
International food, flavors and produce are hot.
Lloyd Rosen, a retail, wholesaling and brokerage sales veteran, has left retirement and now heads sales for a Miami-based grower-shipper of Central American specialty and ethnic-oriented produce.
Wholesalers and retailers are capitalizing on the booming Hispanic population in Texas.
Drawing from his background as an electrical engineer, Steve Fambro, founder and chief executive officer of Oceanside, Calif.-based Famgro Farms, has tried to eliminate as much variability in leafy green production as possible.More Packer Stories for Asian Vegetables
Market Scope - Asian vegetables — F.o.b.s as of Sept. 15
CENTRAL COAST, CALIF. — Shipments (4-4-5) — Movement expected about the same. Trading active. Prices higher. Bok choy WGA crates $21.35-23.25, 30-pound cartons mostly $17.85-19.25. Quality generally good.
- Consumer acceptance of biotech produce growing
- Criminal case against Mucci companies, execs moves forward
- Calavo posts record quarterly profit; launches FreshRealm
- Industry needs to engage House GOP on immigration
- Oppenheimer Group brings Envy apple to U.S.
- Local and organic meant little to these consumers