Drawing from his background as an electrical engineer, Steve Fambro, founder and chief executive officer of Oceanside, Calif.-based Famgro Farms, has tried to eliminate as much variability in leafy green production as possible.
SAN FRANCISCO — VegiWorks Inc. has come a long way since the days nearly two decades ago when Paulo Ho and his brothers did business out of a pick-up truck.
Kazuo Ikeda, president of Ikeda Bros. and a cofounder of the Pismo Oceano Vegetable Exchange, died Feb. 11 in Arroyo Grande, Calif., at 94.
Ocean Mist Farms has begun shipping shrink-wrapped bok choy and napa cabbage in advance of Chinese New Year on Feb. 10.
And now, a word from your foreign correspondent.More Packer Stories for Asian Vegetables
Market Scope - Asian vegetables — F.o.b.s as of Dec. 9
IMPERIAL, COACHELLA AND PALO VERDE VALLEYS, CALIF., CENTRAL AND WESTERN ARIZONA AND MEXICO CROSSINGS THROUGH SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AND SAN LUIS, ARIZ. — Crossings (MX 7-7-9, shipments AZ 1-2-3, CA 0-1-1) — Movement expected about the same. Trading moderate. Prices lower. Bok choy WGA crates mostly $24.45-26.35, 30-pound cartons $15.75-18.35. Quality generally good.
- California citrus growers access damage
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- UPDATED: Packing on hold to assess California citrus damage
- Dulcinea Farms sold to Pacific Trellis
- Sysco’s purchase of U.S. Foods stirs anti-trust talk