Mann Packing Co. is launching an 11-ounce vegetable kit, Snap Pea Sensations, in two flavors — Asian Sesame and Mediterranean Style.
International food, flavors and produce are hot.
Lloyd Rosen, a retail, wholesaling and brokerage sales veteran, has left retirement and now heads sales for a Miami-based grower-shipper of Central American specialty and ethnic-oriented produce.
Wholesalers and retailers are capitalizing on the booming Hispanic population in Texas.
Drawing from his background as an electrical engineer, Steve Fambro, founder and chief executive officer of Oceanside, Calif.-based Famgro Farms, has tried to eliminate as much variability in leafy green production as possible.More Packer Stories for Asian Vegetables
Market Scope - Asian vegetables — F.o.b.s as of Aug. 18
CENTRAL COAST, CALIF. — Shipments (4-4-4) — Movement expected about the same. Trading early moderate, late fairly active. Prices cartons higher, crates generally unchanged. Bok choy WGA crates $12.35-13.85, 30-pound cartons $9.25-10. Quality generally good.
- Food safety regulations will change industry, Brackett says
- Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- Greening not likely to affect Texas citrus volumes, quality
- USDA releases final 2008-2012 crop numbers
- Huron lettuce growers mull fall water supply
- Guess who’s not hating on GMOs — you’ll be surprised