Lloyd Rosen, a retail, wholesaling and brokerage sales veteran, has left retirement and now heads sales for a Miami-based grower-shipper of Central American specialty and ethnic-oriented produce.
Wholesalers and retailers are capitalizing on the booming Hispanic population in Texas.
Drawing from his background as an electrical engineer, Steve Fambro, founder and chief executive officer of Oceanside, Calif.-based Famgro Farms, has tried to eliminate as much variability in leafy green production as possible.
SAN FRANCISCO — VegiWorks Inc. has come a long way since the days nearly two decades ago when Paulo Ho and his brothers did business out of a pick-up truck.
Kazuo Ikeda, president of Ikeda Bros. and a cofounder of the Pismo Oceano Vegetable Exchange, died Feb. 11 in Arroyo Grande, Calif., at 94.More Packer Stories for Asian Vegetables
Market Scope - Asian vegetables — F.o.b.s as of April 21
CENTRAL COAST, CALIF. — Shipments (4-4-4) — Movement expected about the same. Trading moderate. Prices higher. Bok choy WGA crates mostly $13.25-14.45, 30-pound cartons mostly $10.11-11.25. Quality generally good.
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- Pom Wonderful, FTC argue label language in appeals court
- California expects minimal losses despite drought
- Ontario produce marketer closes after 85 years
- UPDATED: Fruit, vegetable prices on the rise with drought
- Salinas Valley back in the black; prices, demand up