Lloyd Rosen, a retail, wholesaling and brokerage sales veteran, has left retirement and now heads sales for a Miami-based grower-shipper of Central American specialty and ethnic-oriented produce.
Wholesalers and retailers are capitalizing on the booming Hispanic population in Texas.
Drawing from his background as an electrical engineer, Steve Fambro, founder and chief executive officer of Oceanside, Calif.-based Famgro Farms, has tried to eliminate as much variability in leafy green production as possible.
SAN FRANCISCO — VegiWorks Inc. has come a long way since the days nearly two decades ago when Paulo Ho and his brothers did business out of a pick-up truck.
Kazuo Ikeda, president of Ikeda Bros. and a cofounder of the Pismo Oceano Vegetable Exchange, died Feb. 11 in Arroyo Grande, Calif., at 94.More Packer Stories for Asian Vegetables
Market Scope - Asian vegetables — F.o.b.s as of April 14
CENTRAL COAST, CALIF. — Shipments (3-4-4) — Movement expected to increase slightly. Trading moderate. Prices crates higher, cartons generally unchanged. Bok choy WGA crates $12.35-13.85, 30-pound cartons mostly $9.25-10.45. Quality generally good.
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- Auditor liability changing as courts, companies speak up
- Rivermaid Trading joins cherry optical sorting revolution
- Dole doubles down on Peel the Love banana tour
- Vision Produce taps Phoenix operations VP
- Fruit, vegetable prices on the rise with drought