The Ocean Mist Farms website has been redesigned with new navigation and content elements promoting the grower-shipper’s vegetables.
Growers and shippers of brussels sprouts say the crop is faring well in Mexico, as it did in the fall and early winter season in California.
Brussels sprouts sales may be booming in retail stores, but they’re making strides in foodservice, as well, according to growers and shippers.
User-friendliness is a key to brussels sprouts sales, according to growers, shippers and marketers of the vegetable.
Salinas, Calif.-based Growers Express, which markets brussels sprouts under the Green Giant banner, has increased its acreage for 2014 by nearly 50%, said James de Lorimier, account and commodity manager.More Packer Stories for Brussels Sprouts
Market Scope - Brussels sprouts — F.o.b.s as of April 7
MEXICO CROSSINGS THROUGH SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AND SAN LUIS, ARIZ. — Crossings (MX 23-31-32) — Crossings expected to increase slightly. Trading very active. Prices higher. 25-pound cartons medium mostly $34.95-38.98. Quality generally good.
- Fourth prison term ordered in Adams Produce fraud
- UPDATED: Watson stepping down from National Mango Board
- Sysco the distributor, not the source, in Subway outbreak
- CORRECTED: Export security program could trip exporters
- Vidalia onion grower, state official both claim victory in court
- Test checkers' produce I.D.