Six grower-shippers — 4Earth Farms, Classic Salads, Mann Packing Co., Ocean Mist Farms, Southern Specialties and WP Rawl — have become marketing partners for Kalettes, Tozer Seeds’ kale and brussels sprouts hybrid.
SALINAS, Calif. – Mann Packing Co. is getting out in front on Kalettes – a cross between kale and brussels sprouts from British breeder Tozer Seeds – with an introduction at the Produce Marketing Association Foodservice Conference and Expo.
British vegetable breeder Tozer Seeds is working with several growers and marketers on a planned fall rollout at U.S. retail of Kalettes, a cross between kale and brussels sprouts.
Willard, Ohio-based Wiers Farm Inc. is starting test production of brussels sprouts and miniature sweet peppers.
MONTEREY, Calif. — At the Castroville Artichoke Food and Wine Festival, state and local officials honored Ocean Mist Farms for its 90 years in continuous business and its role in the community.More Packer Stories for Brussels Sprouts
Market Scope - Brussels sprouts — F.o.b.s as of Aug. 18
SOUTH AND CENTRAL DISTRICT, CALIF. — Shipments (CA 18-14-12) — Movement expected about the same. Trading moderate. Prices slightly lower. 25-pound cartons medium mostly $19-21.85. Quality generally good.
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- From the show floor: Midwest Produce Expo 2014 booths 1
- From the show floor: Midwest Produce Expo 2014 booths 2
- From the show floor: Midwest Produce Expo 2014 booths 4
- From the show floor: Midwest Produce Expo 2014 booths 3
- Dulcinea Farms manager to leave; other changes planned