The likelihood of a cabbage purchase fell four percentage points from Fresh Trends 2012. Age and affluence clearly play a role when it comes to cabbage purchases.
WIMAUMA, Fla. — Lower volume should make for a strong spring Florida cabbage deal.
Grower-shippers expect limited supplies of cabbage and high prices for St. Patrick’s Day, March 17.
WIMAUMA, Fla. — Florida’s winter cabbage deal is running a little behind this season.
Produce industry officials reported little or no crop damage from the polar vortex in early January that produced record lows throughout the Midwest and East
Solar Technologies Inc., Santa Cruz, Calif., has completed installation of a 36.6-kilowatt solar system atop the corporate office of Coastline Produce, Salinas.More Packer Stories for Cabbage
Market Scope - Chinese cabbage — F.o.b.s as of April 14
CENTRAL COAST, CALIF. — Shipments (3-6-7) — Movement expected about the same. Trading moderate. Prices lower. Nappa WGA crates $18.75-21.45, 30-pound cartons $12.25-14.45. Quality generally good.
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- Fruit, vegetable prices on the rise with drought
- Auditor liability changing as courts, companies speak up
- Bland Farms begins packing Vidalia onions
- From the show floor: CPMA 2014 expo booths No. 1
- Vidalia onion grower, state official both claim victory in court