Eggplant purchases remained relatively steady from last year. The likelihood of purchase for this purple vegetable was down one percentage point from Fresh Trends 2012.
Peter Hayes is Malena Produce Inc.s’ new vice president of sales and marketing.
Expanding its distribution in the Lone Star State, Lipman recently opened a packing and repacking operation in Dallas.
Georgia’s squash and cabbage are expected to start harvesting later than usual.
LOXAHATCHEE, Fla. — J&J Family of Farms Inc., has added acreage to bolster Florida and East Coast vegetable supplies.
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. — I had seen some recent TV ads for Carrabba’s Italian Grill and it looked interesting to me, but I had never been. So, when I received an invitation to the restaurant chain’s First Tastes event near The Packer offices, I was intrigued.More Packer Stories for Eggplant
Market Scope - Eggplant — F.o.b.s as of Aug. 18
MICHIGAN — Shipments (2-5-7) — Movement expected about the same. Trading fairly active for light supplies. 1 1/9-bushel cartons medium mostly $12-12.95, fair quality $7-8.95. Quality good.
WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA — Shipments (2-2-3) — Movement expected to remain about the same. Trading moderate. Prices unchanged. 1 1/9-bushel cartons medium $10.35, fair quality $6.35.
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- Pinterest contest promotes healthy school lunchboxes
- From the show floor: Midwest Produce Expo 2014 booths 1
- From the show floor: Midwest Produce Expo 2014 booths 2
- From the show floor: Midwest Produce Expo 2014 booths 4
- From the show floor: Midwest Produce Expo 2014 booths 3