This flavor-filled bulb remains a favorite among consumers, as it consistently ranks in the top 20 vegetables in the Fresh Trends survey. The likelihood of a garlic purchase fell five percentage points from last year.
After a challenging spring that played havoc with planting schedules, Quebec’s root vegetable growers were delighted with their long, fairly dry fall, which bodes well for winter storage.
The Gilroy Garlic Festival has distributed $350,000 to 167 nonprofits from proceeds at its annual event.
Christopher Ranch plans to have chef Michael Giletto on hand cooking with its Monviso California heirloom garlic at Produce Marketing Association Fresh Summit.
To best market garlic, retailers often offer several options to consumers, and in turn garlic suppliers have a variety of products.
Placement is key for retail sales of garlic and herbs.More Packer Stories for Garlic
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- Fruit, vegetable prices on the rise with drought
- Auditor liability changing as courts, companies speak up
- Bland Farms begins packing Vidalia onions
- From the show floor: CPMA 2014 expo booths No. 1
- Vidalia onion grower, state official both claim victory in court