This flavor-filled bulb remains a favorite among consumers, as it consistently ranks in the top 20 vegetables in the Fresh Trends survey. The likelihood of a garlic purchase fell five percentage points from last year.
Packaging formats for herbs and garlic can play an active role in getting the products to move off retail shelves, suppliers say.
When the San Francisco 49ers football team kicked off the home opener Aug. 17 in its new Santa Clara, Calif., digs, fans were able to enjoy all of the bells and whistles one would expect from a $1.3 billion venue built in the heart of Silicon Valley.
Garlic and football will collide as Christopher Ranch’s garlic is featured on the menu in the San Francisco 49er’s new Levi Stadium this football season.
Garlic has gone mainstream, and herbs are climbing toward that vaunted status, suppliers say.
Secaucus, N.J.-based Maurice A. Auerbach Inc. recently introduced a bagged diced garlic product for foodservice customers, said Bruce Klein, marketing director.More Packer Stories for Garlic
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- Food safety regulations will change industry, Brackett says
- Greening establishes 'stronghold' in Texas groves
- Test result on chicken prompts salad recall
- UPDATED: Smarter Lunchrooms tactics boost produce consumption
- Greening not likely to affect Texas citrus volumes, quality