This flavor-filled bulb remains a favorite among consumers, as it consistently ranks in the top 20 vegetables in the Fresh Trends survey. The likelihood of a garlic purchase fell five percentage points from last year.
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. — I had seen some recent TV ads for Carrabba’s Italian Grill and it looked interesting to me, but I had never been. So, when I received an invitation to the restaurant chain’s First Tastes event near The Packer offices, I was intrigued.
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. — At numerous locations during a “First Tastes” event April 29, Tampa, Fla.-based Carrabba’s Italian Grill showcased new dishes featuring fresh produce on its Pasta Seconds menu.
After a challenging spring that played havoc with planting schedules, Quebec’s root vegetable growers were delighted with their long, fairly dry fall, which bodes well for winter storage.
The Gilroy Garlic Festival has distributed $350,000 to 167 nonprofits from proceeds at its annual event.
Christopher Ranch plans to have chef Michael Giletto on hand cooking with its Monviso California heirloom garlic at Produce Marketing Association Fresh Summit.More Packer Stories for Garlic
- UPDATED: Wawona stone fruit recall spurred by Australian tests
- UPDATED: California crop losses could surpass $800 million
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- USDA triples emergency water assistance to California
- Church Bros. repeats win at mascot race
- Mann Packing starts Kalettes for foodservice