Knight Management Inc., a south Florida grower-shipper of sweet corn and green beans, plans to sell its operations to a sugar processing company.
Though cabbage, sweet corn and cucumbers are starting late, growers expect to begin harvesting other summer New York vegetables on time.
Buyers should expect later starts for The Empire State’s sweet corn and cucumber deals, while green beans should begin harvesting on time but with lower volume.
U.S. per capita use of fresh vegetables dipped 5% in 2013 and imports claimed a record share of the total supply, according to new U.S. Department of Agriculture estimates.
Lipman is expanding its national footprint by acquiring The Produce Exchange, a West Coast distributor.More Packer Stories for Green Beans
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- Food safety regulations will change industry, Brackett says
- Greening establishes 'stronghold' in Texas groves
- Test result on chicken prompts salad recall
- UPDATED: Smarter Lunchrooms tactics boost produce consumption
- Greening not likely to affect Texas citrus volumes, quality