Georgia grower-shippers are preparing for normal fall seasons of sweet corn and green beans.
Knight Management Inc., a south Florida grower-shipper of sweet corn and green beans, plans to sell its operations to a sugar processing company.
Though cabbage, sweet corn and cucumbers are starting late, growers expect to begin harvesting other summer New York vegetables on time.
Buyers should expect later starts for The Empire State’s sweet corn and cucumber deals, while green beans should begin harvesting on time but with lower volume.
U.S. per capita use of fresh vegetables dipped 5% in 2013 and imports claimed a record share of the total supply, according to new U.S. Department of Agriculture estimates.More Packer Stories for Green Beans
- Criminal case against Mucci companies, execs moves forward
- Oppenheimer Group brings Envy apple to U.S.
- Calavo posts record quarterly profit; launches FreshRealm
- Industry needs to engage House GOP on immigration
- Rene Produce named Mexico’s exporter of the year
- Main Street America is wrong on Chinese apple imports