Living produce presents a variety of promotional scenarios, marketers say.
Ready Pac Foods Inc. is expanding its Bistro Bowl line with its first wrap- or tortilla products — six of them.
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. — At numerous locations during a “First Tastes” event April 29, Tampa, Fla.-based Carrabba’s Italian Grill showcased new dishes featuring fresh produce on its Pasta Seconds menu.
Urban greenhouse grower BrightFarms Inc. has topped the $100 million mark with its supermarket customers, which company officials say is proof that the local food movement is here to stay.
Infinite Herbs LLC voluntarily recalled one lot — almost 600 units — of organic basil because a random test by the Food and Drug Administration returned a positive result for salmonella.More Packer Stories for Herbs
Market Scope - Herbs — F.o.b.s as of July 14
ALL CALIFORNIA DISTRICTS — Shipments (13-11-12) —
CENTRAL COAST, CALIF. — Movement expected about the same as the 11 units shipped the week of July 7. Trading early active, late moderate. Prices much higher. Cilantro cartons bunched 60s mostly $20.25-22.45, 30s mostly $13.45-14.85. Quality generally good.
- Let’s ride ‘No GMO’ all the way to tropical paradise
- USDA proposes access for Chinese apples
- Sysco pays $19.4 million to settle refrigeration case
- USDA restricts New Farm, Parker Products for PACA violations
- Wind storms to affect banana supplies
- UPDATED: California crop losses could surpass $800 million