These funky, flavorful fungi continue to have a solid following. The likelihood of a specialty mushroom purchase inched up one percentage point from Fresh Trends 2012.
The American Mushroom Institute has named its first-ever executive director.
On Nov. 10, Mike O’Brien joins Monterey Mushrooms Inc. as vice president of sales and marketing.
The San Jose-based Mushroom Council has promoted Kathleen Preis to marketing manager.
The Mushroom Council plans a new marketing approach for 2015 with a “market activation strategy” focused on how mushrooms can make everything better because of their “blendability.”
The U.S. mushroom industry is on pace for huge growth this year, but it also faces production challenges.More Packer Stories for Mushrooms (specialty)
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- Ag labor not part of Obama's immigration plan
- Wal-Mart refocuses on perishables but can it pull it off?
- Produce execution plagues Wal-Mart
- Sun Pacific buys Cuties brand, breaks ties with Paramount Citrus
- Thanksgiving Twitter party for Produce Mom