These funky, flavorful fungi continue to have a solid following. The likelihood of a specialty mushroom purchase inched up one percentage point from Fresh Trends 2012.
Demand for mushrooms is increasing, and supplies aren’t always adequate to meet that heightened demand.
The mushroom industry may soon need a new term for specialty mushrooms.
The American Mushroom Institute has named its first-ever executive director.
On Nov. 10, Mike O’Brien joins Monterey Mushrooms Inc. as vice president of sales and marketing.
The San Jose-based Mushroom Council has promoted Kathleen Preis to marketing manager.More Packer Stories for Mushrooms (specialty)
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- Nogales veteran Alberto Maldonado dies
- Sun Pacific buys Cuties brand, breaks ties with Paramount Citrus
- UPDATED: Florida citrus leader Richard Kinney remembered
- Asian food safety officials react to Bidart Bros. apple recall
- ALBA hires general manager and director of sales