With a focus on flavor, Fresh Quest Produce Inc. is releasing a new cantaloupe, dubbed the Honeymoon.
A comment period related to grades for fresh okra is set to close May 31.
The Agriculture Marketing Service of the U.S. Department of Agriculture is systematically revising commodity standards, according to a notice in the Federal Register, and the “unclassified” section for all commodities is being removed.
I asked Kansas City-based Gen X Mom Sarah Krause, frequent contributor to the Fresh Talk blog, to look at the topic of farmer's marketers and community supported agriculture. Interviewing more than a dozen of her friends plus a retail source or two, Sarah delivers a honest commentary that describes the wide spectrum of attitudes about this hot topic.
The produce industry hasn’t come close to finding all the ways to sell fresh fruits and vegetables.
(March 27, 1:48 p.m.) ANTIGUA, Guatemala — U.S. produce buyers found ample opportunities at this year’s Agritrade, Guatemala’s biennial produce summit.More Packer Stories for Okra
Market Scope - Okra — F.o.b.s as of Dec. 1
SOUTH FLORIDA — Shipments (0-0-0) — Supply insufficient and in too few hands to establish a market. LAST REPORT.
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- UPDATED: FDA to establish new food safety program
- Sun Pacific buys Cuties brand, breaks ties with Paramount Citrus
- Nogales veteran Alberto Maldonado dies
- Improvonia banks on organics to boost use of foodservice app
- UPDATED: Florida citrus leader Richard Kinney remembered