Producers and handlers can now access $13 million in farm bill funds to help offset the costs of organic certification.
A retailer in the Kansas City, Mo., area has begun offering tomatoes grown by a nearby botanical garden.
SEASIDE, Calif. — The spread of downy mildew is straining the ability of organic spinach suppliers to meet demand, much less exploit growth opportunities in a category that enjoys double-digit annual sales increases.
Josie’s Organics, a brand of Soledad, Calif.-based Braga Fresh Family Farms, is scheduled to appear on Lifetime Television’s morning show The Balancing Act June 25 and July 2.
CHICAGO — The local buzz is more like a dull roar among consumers, many of whom are now looking for local before organic. That increasing demand means challenges for retailers and foodservice.More Packer Stories for Organic Vegetables
- Let’s ride ‘No GMO’ all the way to tropical paradise
- USDA proposes access for Chinese apples
- USDA restricts New Farm, Parker Products for PACA violations
- Sysco pays $19.4 million to settle refrigeration case
- Urban Produce opens growing facility
- Organic industry raising money to fight citrus greening