(UPDATED COVERAGE 5:12 p.m.) A Florida grower says the Food and Drug Administration is mandating a recall of curly parsley five weeks after it was harvested — and long after its shelf life had expired — after a positive test for salmonella.
Gold Coast Packing Inc. has adopted a new logo to reflect growth at the company that includes ongoing construction of a processing plant and cold storage facility.
Garden State shippers begin shipments early, summer crops to be on-time
Two high-profile companies recently signed with TrueTrac LLC, Salinas, Calif., to use LabelTrac and HarvestTrac to comply with the Produce Traceability Initiative.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency issued a public warning April 4 regarding possible cryptosporidium contamination of fresh parsley sold at one grocery store in Saskatchewan.More Packer Stories for Parsley
Market Scope - Parsley — F.o.b.s as of Aug. 18
CENTRAL COAST, CALIF. — Shipments (5-5-5) — Movement expected about the same. Trading moderate. Prices curly higher, plain generally unchanged. Cartons bunched 60s curly mostly $12-13.65, plain $10.25-12.85. Quality variable.
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- Pinterest contest promotes healthy school lunchboxes
- From the show floor: Midwest Produce Expo 2014 booths 1
- From the show floor: Midwest Produce Expo 2014 booths 2
- From the show floor: Midwest Produce Expo 2014 booths 4
- From the show floor: Midwest Produce Expo 2014 booths 3