Lloyd Rosen, a retail, wholesaling and brokerage sales veteran, has left retirement and now heads sales for a Miami-based grower-shipper of Central American specialty and ethnic-oriented produce.
Grower-shippers and industry officials look forward to strong demand for a range of fresh fruits and vegetables for Chinese New Year 2014, the Year of the Horse.
NEW ORLEANS — Mann Packing Co., Salinas, Calif., had several new products to highlight at the Produce Marketing Association Fresh Summit 2013 Oct. 18-20.
NEW ORLEANS – Proving that family roots run deep in the produce industry, Lorri Koster earned the Marketer of the Year award from The Packer 29 years after her father won the same award at the Produce Marketing Association’s Fresh Summit in 1984.
Mann Packing Co. will promote its stringless sugar snap peas at three fall health and fitness expos in the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series.More Packer Stories for Peas
Market Scope - Peas, green — F.o.b.s as of April 14
CENTRAL AMERICA IMPORTS — Imports (17-14*-10) — Imports via boat from Guatemala. Movement expected to remain about the same. Trading active. Prices higher. 10-pound cartons snow peas mostly $7-7.50, sugar snap peas mostly $7.50-8. Quality good. *revised.
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- Fruit, vegetable prices on the rise with drought
- Auditor liability changing as courts, companies speak up
- Bland Farms begins packing Vidalia onions
- From the show floor: CPMA 2014 expo booths No. 1
- Vidalia onion grower, state official both claim victory in court