Consumers embrace these flavorful peppers to add a punch to all kinds of foods. The likelihood of a specialty pepper purchase fell three percentage points from Fresh Trends 2012.
The New Mexico Chile Association has secured a trademark and is licensing growers and others to use it in the hopes of protecting the reputation and future of the state’s iconic peppers.
A new marketing and communications coordinator is on staff at the Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Growers Association in Leamington.
The markets for chili peppers continue to heat up with customer preferences for hotter products, suppliers say.
Berino, N.M.-based Seco Spice Co. is installing a sanitizing/pasteurizing system in its plant, said Edward Ogaz, owner of the family-owned grower-shipper.
Chili peppers have found devoted followings among U.S. retailers, who are coming up with effective ways to merchandise the product to consumers, suppliers said.More Packer Stories for Peppers, Chili
Market Scope - Peppers, other — F.o.b.s as of Aug. 18
MEXICO CROSSINGS THROUGH TEXAS — Crossings (42-44*-42) — Movement expected about the same. Trading moderate. Prices poblano lower, others generally unchanged. 1 1/9-bushel cartons/crates serrano mostly $19-20, jalapeño mostly $14, poblano mostly $8-10. Quality and size variable. *revised
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- From the show floor: Midwest Produce Expo 2014 booths 1
- Pinterest contest promotes healthy school lunchboxes
- From the show floor: Midwest Produce Expo 2014 booths 2
- From the show floor: Midwest Produce Expo 2014 booths 4
- From the show floor: Midwest Produce Expo 2014 booths 3