The Pink Pumpkin Patch Foundation, a Colorado nonprofit, has awarded a $30,000 breast cancer research grant to Rush University Medical Center in Chicago.
Pumpkin markets could tighten in October thanks to a wet summer on the East Coast.
Concord Foods Inc. has added a product to its line of fruit dips.
In an effort to boost sales, Frieda’s Specialty Produce, Los Alamitos, Calif., is offering Halloween-themed merchandising tips to retailers for the third straight year.
A grower is transforming northern Arizona desert into a vegetable production area.More Packer Stories for Pumpkins
Market Scope - Pumpkins — F.o.b.s as of Sept. 15
VIRGINIA — Shipments fairly light — Movement expected to increase. Trading fairly active. Prices 36-inch bins, howden-type, 30-45 count, mostly $80-100.
- Calavo posts record quarterly profit; launches FreshRealm
- Criminal case against Mucci companies, execs moves forward
- Colombia to boost ag acreage in response to U.S. free trade deal
- Al Finer Co. closes doors in Philly
- Consumer acceptance of biotech produce growing
- Industry needs to engage House GOP on immigration