The Pink Pumpkin Patch Foundation, a Colorado nonprofit, has awarded a $30,000 breast cancer research grant to Rush University Medical Center in Chicago.
Pumpkin markets could tighten in October thanks to a wet summer on the East Coast.
Concord Foods Inc. has added a product to its line of fruit dips.
In an effort to boost sales, Frieda’s Specialty Produce, Los Alamitos, Calif., is offering Halloween-themed merchandising tips to retailers for the third straight year.
A grower is transforming northern Arizona desert into a vegetable production area.More Packer Stories for Pumpkins
Market Scope - Pumpkins — F.o.b.s as of Oct. 7
VIRGINIA — Shipments light — Movement expected to remain about the same. Trading moderate. Prices generally unchanged. 36-inch bins, howden-type, 30-45 count, mostly $90-125. No f.o.b. report issued as of Sept. 30.
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- Pinterest contest promotes healthy school lunchboxes
- From the show floor: Midwest Produce Expo 2014 booths 1
- From the show floor: Midwest Produce Expo 2014 booths 2
- From the show floor: Midwest Produce Expo 2014 booths 4
- From the show floor: Midwest Produce Expo 2014 booths 3