These handy lettuce blends make life easier for more than half of all consumers. The likelihood of a salad mix purchase fell six percentage points from Fresh Trends 2012, however, the mixes were the No. 1 produce item that consumers said they were buying now that they did not buy previously.
Earthbound Farm is celebrating its 30th anniversary with an online quiz and contest.
Dole Fresh Vegetables expects nationwide distribution of its Salad Companions, launched in June, by October.
Appa Fine Foods, Corona, Calif., is voluntarily recalling about 92,657 pounds of cooked chicken Caesar salad kits distributed at Sam’s Club after Michigan officials reported two retail samples tested positive for listeria.
Sweet Tomatoes and Souplantation restaurants are promoting a new quinoa and feta salad, available through the end of August, to provide consumers with fresh and trendy ingredients, said Kari Nagel, a spokeswoman for the San Diego-based soup, salad bar and bakery concepts.
Earthbound Farm, the new kid on the block at WhiteWave Foods Co., continues to boost its new parent company’s bottom line, accounting for almost 20% of WhiteWave’s net sales in the second quarter this year.More Packer Stories for Salad Mix
- Calavo posts record quarterly profit; launches FreshRealm
- Criminal case against Mucci companies, execs moves forward
- Colombia to boost ag acreage in response to U.S. free trade deal
- Local and organic meant little to these consumers
- Oppenheimer Group brings Envy apple to U.S.
- Industry needs to engage House GOP on immigration