These hearty greens are popular among most all demographic groups. The likelihood of a spinach purchase slipped two percentage points from last year.
Chiquita Brands International has named Craig Stephen senior vice president of sales and marketing for Fresh Express.
Pure Bioscience Inc. is seeking government approval for its Silver Dihydrogen Citrate as a produce processing aid as a direct food contact substance after testing showed it can reduce salmonella, listeria and E. coli on leafy greens.
SAN JUAN BAUTISTA, Calif. — More than 150 grower, shipper and processor representatives braved a rare California rainstorm to check out vegetables in the Enza Zaden Variety Showcase.
Harvest Sensations has added three organic products to its ready-to-juice fresh produce line.
Dole Fresh Vegetables is voluntarily recalling some of its bagged baby spinach products due to possible contamination by walnuts.More Packer Stories for Spinach
Market Scope - Spinach — F.o.b.s as of Oct. 14
CENTRAL COAST, CALIF. — Shipments (14-13-12) — Movement expected about the same. Trading moderate. Prices slightly lower. Cartons bunched flat 24s mostly $13.45-14.55. Quality generally good.
- California Avocado Commission expands focus to sandwiches
- Bolthouse CEO is Produce Marketer of the Year
- FDA seeks to mesh public and private food safety accountability
- Mighties brand kiwis join Sun Pacific's Cuties
- Spezzano receives 2014 Robert L. Carey Leadership Award
- Vidalia onion growers sell operations to billionaire Bill Gates
- UPDATED: Wal-Mart vows to create more sustainable food system
- Georgia growers starting pomegranate production
- New Stemilt apple bags aimed at juicers
- Industry has opportunity to reframe food waste issue
- UPDATED: Cyclospora source remains unknown as cases increase
- The great green pepper ‘mango’ mystery