These hearty greens are popular among most all demographic groups. The likelihood of a spinach purchase slipped two percentage points from last year.
Dole Fresh Vegetables is voluntarily recalling some of its bagged baby spinach products due to possible contamination by walnuts.
Dole Fresh Vegetables expects nationwide distribution of its Salad Companions, launched in June, by October.
SEASIDE, Calif. — The spread of downy mildew is straining the ability of organic spinach suppliers to meet demand, much less exploit growth opportunities in a category that enjoys double-digit annual sales increases.
A four-year research project by researchers at Kansas State University and the University of Florida aims to help small fruit and vegetable growers reduce postharvest loss.
CHICAGO — Produce appears in a new light on restaurant menus with operators playing up healthy additions.More Packer Stories for Spinach
Market Scope - Spinach — F.o.b.s as of Aug. 18
CENTRAL COAST, CALIF. — Shipments (12-10-14) — Movement expected about the same. Trading active. Prices higher. Cartons bunched flat 24s mostly $11.35-12.45. Quality variable.
- Food safety regulations will change industry, Brackett says
- Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- Greening not likely to affect Texas citrus volumes, quality
- USDA releases final 2008-2012 crop numbers
- Huron lettuce growers mull fall water supply
- Guess who’s not hating on GMOs — you’ll be surprised