Tropical storm devastates Hawaiian papaya trees
08/18/2014 12:16:54 PMThe first tropical storm to hit Hawaii in 22 years could cause devastating losses to the state’s... Read more.
Midwest Expo sets sights on Minneapolis
08/18/2014 12:14:07 PMCHICAGO — If variety is the spice of life, Minneapolis will be the hot sauce for the Midwest... Watch Video.
Cuties headed for permanent presence in Happy Meals
08/18/2014 12:15:36 PMSun Pacific’s Cutie clementines are set to become part of McDonald’s Happy Meals after a... Read more.
Above-average spud crop expected in Wisconsin
08/11/2014 1:41:07 PMA cold, wet spring caused the start of the Wisconsin potato harvest to start more than a week late,... Read more.
The too-complicated tale of the kale sprout
08/11/2014 1:30:00 PMTwo of the trendiest vegetables right now are kale and brussels sprouts. Think how hot a product... Read more.
Local produce faces tougher challenges than drones
08/11/2014 1:30:34 PMDrones and high-tech local production are the hallmarks of what Clare Hasler-Lewis, executive director of... Read more.
Chiquita struggles with costs, prepares for merger
08/11/2014 1:21:40 PMA one-two punch of increased banana costs and decreased sales of packaged salads left Chiquita Brands... Read more.
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- Cilantro implicated again in cyclospora outbreak
- Mastronardi’s Eco Flavor Bowl Impact Awards finalist
- Dole expands distribution of Salad Companions, organic blends
- New plant brings Baker Farms into fresh-cut leafy greens
- Trial date set in Chiquita clean water suit
- Food safety regulations will change industry, Brackett says
- Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- Greening not likely to affect Texas citrus volumes, quality
- USDA releases final 2008-2012 crop numbers
- Huron lettuce growers mull fall water supply
- Guess who’s not hating on GMOs — you’ll be surprised