I can’t wait. I just moved and my usual H-E-B is no longer close, and the Sprouts on my regular route is out of the way. I have a new routine and am glad to have another player to choose from.
As I was checking for the opening date for this new location (it’s in August), I saw the job postings and thought I’d take a look at the produce jobs to see how they align with what I was thinking.
Here are the essential functions of an Assistant Produce Manager at Sprouts Farmers Market:
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity with department products, employees and our customers.
- Ensures that we remain focused on creating an excellent experience for both our employees and customers.
- Ensures favorable department image with customers through a clean, attractive department.
- Maintains freshness standards throughout the department.
- Follows proper receiving, processing, packaging, pricing, signage, displaying, and rotation of a complete variety of items.
- Ensures the prioritization and delegation of daily responsibilities throughout the department while training, coaching, and leading employees.
- Leads by example
- In the absence of the Produce Manager, assists in managing all functions and activities of the Produce Department to achieve sales and profit standards.
- Ensures the enforcement of all company policies.
- Participates in hiring, training and employee relations matters in coordination with the Produce Manager
- Promotes produce sales through effective merchandising and cross-selling displays
- Monitors produce department for quality
- Unloads incoming shipments of produce items and discusses shipment items with vendors in coordination with the Produce Manager
- Closely monitors inventory
- Utilizes appropriate rotation techniques and ensures the freshest product is available for sale when stocking produce department
- Maintains proper receiving, handling and production of product
- Performs assigned stocking, culling, and rotation procedures in accordance with established standards
- Maintains proper housekeeping and equipment handling and care
- Maintains proper quality control and product level
- Maintains proper quality and conditions of product
- Prepares (trims, crisps, packages, scales, etc.) all products according to established standards and quality goals.
- Ensures the performance of all assigned cleaning functions in accordance with company policy
- Maintains proper pricing standards
- Complies with scheduling and policy standards
- Finds more efficient ways to do the job and seeks to reduce costs and improve labor productivity
- Observes and corrects unsafe conditions that could cause employee or customer accidents.
- Proactively works to create a safe, clean department and follow all health and sanitation guidelines.
- Other related duties as assigned.
How does this list align with what you require of your produce professionals?