Safeway quits Chicago
10/18/2013 1:42:23 PMIn its 3rd quarter conference call on Oct. 10, Pleasanton, Calif.-based Safeway Inc. said it plans... Read more.
Cincinnati repacker reportedly closes after 132 years
10/18/2013 1:10:46 PMGentile Bros. Co., a Cincinnati-based produce repacker and distributor that has been in business since... Read more.
Taylor Farms more than doubles size of its cut vegetable plant
10/18/2013 1:13:08 PMTaylor Farms Retail plans an 80,000-square-foot expansion of its Gonzales, Calif., fresh-cut vegetable facility, more... Read more.
‘Duck Dynasty’ star set for PMA after-party
10/11/2013 10:44:50 AMUncle Si Robertson, star of the reality TV show “Duck Dynasty,” will make a guest appearance... Read more.
UPDATED: Frosts damage Chilean fruit
10/11/2013 10:42:04 AM(UPDATED COVERAGE, Oct. 10) A series of September freezes has likely caused significant damage to... Read more.
UPDATED: Texas produce shipper files for liquidation
10/11/2013 10:42:35 AM(UPDATED COVERAGE Oct. 10) The owners of Progreso Produce Limited I LP filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy... Read more.
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- Fresh-cut company changes name to Sliced FC
- Consumer group says retailer must notify customers in recalls
- Del Monte testing genetically modified pineapple
- San Joaquin Valley citrus braces for first frost
- Citrus disease find in California a mystery