Study: Cloths transfer salmonella during tomato harvesting
07/08/2014 4:13:06 PMA new study confirms what mandated Florida tomato safety practices have long recommended: cloths used... Watch Video.
Ontario company recalls sprouts after salmonella test
07/08/2014 11:44:04 AMA Canadian sprout company is recalling an unknown volume of expired fresh bean sprouts from Ontario... Read more.
Salmonella prospects vary on blueberries, strawberries
07/08/2014 8:31:23 AMSalmonella contamination can grow on blueberries – unlike strawberries – when harvested at or near... Read more.
Nominate someone for The Packer’s Annual Foodservice Achievement
06/30/2014 3:04:43 PMDo you know someone outstanding in foodservice? Nominate him or her for The Packer’s Annual... Read more.
FDA says sprout seeds likely cause of E. coli outbreak
06/30/2014 1:37:02 PMAlthough the grower and seed supplier say government officials told them tests came back clean, the... Watch Video.
Teleconference set with FDA on FSMA implementation
06/25/2014 5:40:16 PMFor more food safety and traceability news, check out our Special Section. A teleconference set up... Read more.
- USDA proposes access for Chinese apples
- Let’s ride ‘No GMO’ all the way to tropical paradise
- Sysco pays $19.4 million to settle refrigeration case
- USDA restricts New Farm, Parker Products for PACA violations
- UPDATED: California crop losses could surpass $800 million
- Wind storms to affect banana supplies