California Giant adds food safety staff
02/14/2014 3:18:07 PMJazmin Lopez has been hired as food safety coordinator for California Giant Berry Farms. The new... Read more.
Fluctuating temperatures increase bagged salad risk
02/13/2014 6:10:06 PMA new study shows that fluctuating temperatures during transportation, in the back room at the store... Read more.
FDA opens registration for transportation rule meeting
02/13/2014 4:53:40 PMThe Food and Drug Administration has opened the registration for a March 20 public meeting on a proposed... Read more.
Mango board to host food safety conference
02/13/2014 4:13:29 PMThe second annual Mango Food Safety Conference is set for March 6 in Philadelphia. Hosted by the... Read more.
UPDATED: Grower says FDA forcing recall weeks after the fact
02/13/2014 9:58:17 AM(UPDATED COVERAGE 5:12 p.m.) A Florida grower says the Food and Drug Administration is mandating a... Read more.
Scalisi moving to bigger Florida facility
02/11/2014 2:26:46 PMJack Scalisi Wholesale Fruit & Produce is relocating to new and larger operation to better serve... Read more.
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- Pom Wonderful, FTC argue label language in appeals court
- California expects minimal losses despite drought
- UPDATED: Fruit, vegetable prices on the rise with drought
- Salinas Valley back in the black; prices, demand up
- Rivermaid Trading joins cherry optical sorting revolution