LinskyTodd Linsky, vice president of organic sales at Grimmway Farms and Cal-Organic Farms, is the new board chairman of the Washington, D.C.-based Organic Center.
Linsky and 14 more trustees were introduced at a March 9 fundraising dinner in Anaheim held during the Natural Products Expo West.
The nonprofit center was managed by an interim board of directors through the Brattleboro, Vt.-based Organic Trade Association since its September relocation from Boulder, Colo. The Organic Center promotes organic agricultural science. The association is a membership-based business organization for North American organic agriculture and products, representing more than 6,500 businesses.
Jessica Shade, an environmental scientist, started Feb. 19 as the center’s new director of science programs, according to a news release. Shade and the board are expected to convene a scientific advisory board for research efforts.
“This is a new beginning for The Organic Center,” Linsky said in the release. “While its structure may have changed, its mission to bring credible science to the organic industry has not.”
- Marty Mesh, executive director of Florida Certified Organic Growers and Consumers Inc.;
- Susan Shields, Jamba Juice senior vice president and chief innovation officer;
- Theresa Marquez, mission executive for organic farm cooperative CROPP Cooperative and its Organic Valley brand;
- Melody Meyer, vice president of policy and industry relations for United Natural Foods Inc., whose divisions include Albert’s Organics;
- Jessica Lundberg, board member and seed nursery manager at Lundberg Family Farms;
- Margaret Wittenberg, vice president of quality standards at Whole Foods Market; and
- Christine Bushway, OTA chief executive officer and executive director.