Winners of the United Fresh retail produce manager awards come from 15 states plus Canada, and represent 12 supermarket chains, independent retailers and commissaries, according to a news release.
The trade show, United Fresh 2012, runs May 1-3. The managers and their corporate produce directors will gather at the chairman’s reception and produce celebration dinner May 1 at the Hyatt Dallas at Reunion. Five grand prize winners will also receive $1,000 each.
The awards recognize efforts to increase produce consumption through merchandising, displays, promotions, customer and community service.
The winners are:
- Leslie Alex, Hannaford Bros., Dover, N.H.;
- Ricky Allemand, Brookshire Grocery Co., New Iberia, La.;
- John Ballard, Food City/K-VA-T Food Stores, Lafollete, Tenn.;
- Phil Burgess, Safeway Stores, Bend, Ore.;
- Brian Burrow, Brookshire Grocery Co., Whitehouse, Texas;
- Franklin Bys, Hy-Vee, Inc., Coralville, Iowa;
- James Campbell, Sunflower Farmers Market, Denver;
- Brian Collegnon, Rueben’s County Market , Hartford, Wis.;
- Ross Corbin Conrad, Colemans Food Centres, Corner Brook, Newfoundland;
- Brian Corbitt, Bel Air Market/Raley’s Family of Fine Stores, Sacramento, Calif.;
- Jolene Cyr, Food Maxx/Save Mart Supermarkets, Fairfield, Calif.;
- Ron Danielson, Raley’s Family of Fine Stores, Woodland, Calif.;
- Chad Faulk, Harris Teeter, Charlotte, N.C.;
- John Heon, Big Y Foods, Lee, Mass.;
- Rich Jackson, Quality Food Centers, Sammamish, Wash.;
- Steve Kaminski, Jewel-Osco, Westmont, Ill.;
- Charmagne Kendrick, VG’s Food Center/Spartan Stores, Fenton, Mich.;
- Jim Kesteloot, , Harris Teeter, Reston, Va.;
- Michael Kolek, Jewel-Osco, Schaumburg, Ill.;
- Brian Langdon, The Kroger Co., Cincinnati;
- Mike McElmeel, Hy-Vee, Inc., Silvis, Ill.;
- Elizabeth Myers, New River MCAS Commissary, Jacksonville, N.C.;
- Wanda Ivy Nicholas, Travis Air Force Base Commissary, Travis, Calif.;
- Nick Puleo, Vons, San Diego; and
- George Sanders, Price Chopper/Golub Corp., Barre, Vt.
Ready Pac Foods sponsors the awards program, now in its eighth year. It’s presented through the United Fresh Produce Association Foundation’s Center for Leadership Excellence.