The U.S. Department of Agriculture has sanctioned two businesses and filed actions against three others under the Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act.
The USDA restricted the following from operating in the produce industry:
- Suh Young Trading Co. Inc., Falls Church, Va., for failing to pay $9,311 to a Florida seller. The responsibly connected individuals are Chung Choi, Myung Choi, and Jin Choi.
- Georgia Vegetable Co. Inc., Tifton, Ga., for failing to pay $20,311 to a Florida seller. The responsibly connected individuals are Rebecca Kilby, Billy Thomas, and (trust under will) of Robert Grist.
The USDA filed administrative actions against three companies:
- Prime Tropical Inc., Los Angeles, for allegedly failing to pay 18 sellers $825,808.09 for produce purchased from September 2010 to June 2011.
- Action Produce Inc., South San Francisco, for failing to pay 12 sellers $543,196 for produce purchased from February 2010 to November 2010.
- Let Us Produce Inc., Norfolk, Va., for failing to pay 20 sellers $1,176,259 for produce purchased from August 2009 to May 2010.