The U.S. Department of Agriculture announced the distribution of $171.8 million in 2014 Market Access Program funding to 62 groups to promote agricultural exports.
The Market Access Program funds promotion of fruits, vegetables, nuts and other agricultural products, according to the USDA.
Participants in the program contribute an average 171% match for generic marketing and promotion activities and a dollar-for-dollar match of promotion of branded products by small businesses and cooperatives, according to a USDA news release.
The agency will begin accepting applications for 2015 export development program funding on April 17.
Applicants for Market Access Program funds are encouraged to apply via the Unified Export Strategy online application system. Information is available online. Applications can also be emailed to email@example.com.
Market Access Program — Selected FY 2014 Allocations
- American Pistachio Growers/Cal-Pure Pistachios, Inc. $1,380,409
- American Sweet Potato Marketing Institute $200,000
- Blue Diamond Growers/Almond Board of California $4,729,064
- California Agricultural Export Council $1,228,525
- California Cherry Marketing and Research Board $519,189
- California Cling Peach Growers Advisory Board $444,892
- California Grape and Tree Fruit League $428,800
- California Pear Advisory Board $442,081
- California Table Grape Commission $3,093,070
- California Walnut Commission $3,902,619
- Cherry Marketing Institute $204,115
- Cranberry Marketing Committee $1,561,170
- Florida Department of Citrus $3,885,364
- National Association of State Departments of Agriculture $3,533,072
- National Pecan Growers Council $487,035
- National Potato Promotion Board $3,647,427
- National Watermelon Promotion Board $290,367
- Organic Trade Association $746,912
- Pear Bureau Northwest $2,926,873
- Raisin Administrative Committee $827,922
- Southern United States Trade Association $5,874,329
- Sunkist Growers, Inc. $2,372,577
- U.S. Apple Export Council $712,727
- Washington Apple Commission $4,930,752
- Washington State Fruit Commission $1,561,810
- Western U.S. Agricultural Trade Association $8,097,508