Sessions already presented in English this year will be repeated in Spanish in October, according to the agency’s website. To review the seminars from earlier this year, visit the AMS seminar archive at http://tinyurl.com/AMS-archive.
The seminars include information for all sectors of the fresh produce marketing chain, including growers, packers, processors, wholesalers, distributors, retailers and foodservice operations of all sizes. The sessions are free, but registration is required.
For complete descriptions of seminars and to register, visit the AMS Web page at http://tinyurl.com/AMS-seminars.
The seminar schedule includes:
- July: An Introduction to USDA’s Fruit and Vegetable Marketing Orders and Agreements;
- August: USDA’s Fresh Produce Market Inspection Basics;
- September: Market News Trucking Report;
- October: An Introduction to the PACA: Your Partners in Produce (Spanish session);
- October: The PACA Complaint Process: Promoting Better Business Practices in Produce (Spanish session);
- October: An Introduction to USDA’s Fruit and Vegetable Market News (Spanish session);
- November: Quality Monitoring Programs and other Customized Services; and
- December: Market News Portal Training with New Tools: Custom Averaging Tools.