The U.S. Department of Agriculture made its appointments for the National Potato Promotion Board. Thirty members were appointed by the USDA Dec. 19 for 3-year terms starting March 1.
The newly appointed producers are, according to a USDA news release:
- David Boxham, Salisbury, Md.;
- Brant Darrington, Burley, Idaho;
- Steven Gangwish, Columbus, S.D.;
- Charles Grose, Terra Alta, W.Va.;
- Kristi Gundersen, Bow, Wash.;
- John Halverson, Paragould, Ark.;
- Merrill Hanny, Idaho Falls, Idaho;
- Arnold Mack, Lake Wales, Fla.;
- Phillip Mehlenbacher, Burbank, Wash.;
- Brian Meisner, Wray, Colo.;
- Bernie Smiarowski, Hatfield, Mass.;
- John Stahl, Ritzville, Wash.;
- Eric Sutton, Rexburg, Idaho;
- Brian Theobald, Farmington, N.M.;
- Jordan Thomas, Haimer, Idaho;
- David Tonso, Monte Vista, Colo.;
- Dillon VanOrden, Pingree, Idaho; and
- Weston Walker, Merrill, Ore.
Reappointed producers are:
- Steve Cottom, Dillon, Mont.;
- Keith Doyen, Mapleton, Maine;
- Diane Hanson, Cornell, Mich.;
- Kurtis Holland, Monte Vista, Colo.;
- Brian Kirschenmann, Bakersfield, Calif.;
- Lloyd Masser, Pitman, Pa.;
- Martin Myers, Lake Oswego, Ore.;
- Jared Wattenbarger, Idaho Falls; and
- Marvin Wollman, Warden, Wash.
Importers appointed to the NPPB are:
- Edward Barnhill, Clermont, Fla.; and
- Vernon Thomas of Centerville, New Brunswick, Canada.
The public member appointed to the board is Mary DeMers, Sophia, N.C.