ATLANTA — Building on its established “Get Crackin’” pistachio ad campaign, Paramount Farms is airing a new lineup of TV spots.
Entering its third year, Get Crackin’ 3.0 takes the effort a step beyond such previous pitchmen as Bristol Palin baby-daddy Levi Johnston, Mark Masten, vice president of global sales and marketing, said Oct. 15.
This year’s seven spots will sport:
- characters from he popular online game Angry Birds;
- YouTube sensation Honey Badger;
- faux-Facebook founders the Winklevoss twins,
- former “Saturday Night Live” foil Mr. Bill;
- Kermit the Frog;
- Crystal the Monkey from “the Hangover II;” and
- Khloe & Lamar — Khloe Kardashian and her husband NBA basketball player Lamar Odom — from the E! reality show “Khloe & Lamar.”
The spots will air in prime time through December around events such as the World Series and Monday Night Football, Masten said. They will air again in January in the run-up to the Super Bowl, he said.
On Sept. 10, Paramount sponsored the Wonderful Pistachio 400 NASCAR race in Richmond, Va., with previous Get Crackin’ spot participants drill sergeant R. Lee Ermey and Snooki of “Jersey Shore” fame on hand, he said.
Marc Seguin, senior director of marketing, credits the Get Crackin’ promos for helping pistachios crack into the top 15 selling salty snack stock-keeping units, formerly the exclusive domain of less-healthful snacks such as chips.
Those top 15 SKUs have sales of at least $50 million each, Seguin said.
Paramount has introduced two flavors: Wonderful Pistachios Roasted and Lightly Salted variety and under the Everybody’s Nuts brand the Sweet Chili flavor.
Wonderful pistachios are sold in 8-, 16- and 20-ounce bags.