Irwindale, Calif.-based Ready Pac Foods Inc., has been the sponsor of the United Fresh Retail Produce Manager Awards since its inception in 2005. The program, recognizing those in retail stores working to increase sales and consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables, has honored more than 230 retail managers from more than 80 different retail banners, according to a news release from Ready Pac.
“It is so rewarding to see such hard working men and women who take so much pride in helping our products look their best, while engaging and educating consumers,” Tony Sarsam, chief executive officer of Ready Pac Foods, Inc., said in the release. “Ready Pac is very proud to have sponsored the United Fresh Retail Manager Awards Program for last ten years to honor such talented representatives for our industry.”
The awards will be presented the evening of June 11 at the Chicago Hilton, and Sarsam will help moderate the event and hand out awards to each recipient, according to the release.
For this year, United Fresh has decided to honor an additional 10 winners, making it a total of 35 winners representing 32 supermarket banners and independent retail stores in 20 states, according to the release.
The 2014 Retail Produce Manager Award Winners are:
- Gustavo Agillon, Arteaga’s Food Center, Gilroy, Calif.;
- Larry Aledo, Food Maxx/Save Mart Supermarkets, Brentwood, Calif.;
- Dan Atkinson, Hy-Vee, Inc, Iowa City, Iowa;
- Mike Bawol, Tops Markets, Grand Island, N.Y.;
- Bob Beaudoin, Albertsons, Lemon Grove, Calif.
- Bill Denault, Price Chopper/Golub Corporation, Lenox, Mass.;
- Douglas DeWitte, Meijer, Grand Haven, Mich;
- Darin Eversaul, Quality Food Centers, Bellevue, Wash;
- Dan Fabris, Jewel-Osco, Park Ridge, Ill.;
- Alice Firkus, Roundy’s Supermarkets, Steven’s Point, Wis.;
- Garrett Fowden, Payson Market Place, Payson, Utah;
- Joe Gapp, Hy-Vee, Inc, Lincoln, Neb.;
- Sal Gentile, A&P, Yorktown, N.Y.;
- Kenny Hackman, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., Fayetteville, Ark.;
- Jeff Haines, Fry’s Food & Drug Stores, Phoenix, Ariz.;
- Brent Harkleroad, Food City/K-VA-T Food Stores, Kingsport, Tenn.;
- Luis Huerta, Raley’s Family of Fine Stores, Oakley, Calif.
- Gina Johnson, Kroger, Dayton, Ohio;
- Bill Logan, Jr., ShopRite, Medford, N.J.;
- Kendall Lopez-Buitrago, MOMs Organic Market, Alexandria, Va.;
- Steve Mendes, Raley’s Family of Fine Stores, Turlock, Calif.
- Abel Meza, Northgate González Markets, Barrio Logan, Calif.
- Jason Mooring, Safeway Stores, Marysville, Wash.;
- Michele Parks, McClellan Commissary, McClellan, Calif.
- Patty Patino, Save Mart Supermarkets, Truckee, Calif.
- Dick Rose, Metcalfe’s Market, Wauwatosa, Wis.;
- Crystal Scherer, Roundy’s Supermarkets, Appleton, Wis.;
- Randy Sheets, Food City/K-VA-T Food Stores, Abingdon, Va.;
- Derek Sibley, Oak Point Fresh Market, Watson, La.;
- John Spellman, Kings Food Markets, Livingston, N.J.;
- Robert Tanaka, Los Angeles AFB Commissary, Los Angeles,
- Justin Warner, Brookshire Grocery Co., Lindale, Texas;
- Gina Wasilefsky, Big Y Foods, Northampton, Mass.;
- Mike Willis, Harris Teeter Supermarkets, Charlotte, N.C.; and
- Jake Wittman, Weis Markets, Fogelsville, Penn.