The spring holidays are one of the busiest times of the year for sales of the association’s Bard Valley Natural Delights-branded dates, according to a news release from the Bard Valley, Calif.-based group.
“It’s no surprise that medjool dates perform exceptionally well during spring holidays, especially with the consistent increase in popularity of medjools as a recipe enhancer,” Ed O’Malley, president of Datepac, which in collaboration with the association provides 70% of the U.S. medjool crop, said in the release.
“Perfect for warmer weather, medjool dates can be used as a sweet snack, in colorful spring salads, in baked goods and even in refreshing smoothies.”
The six new recipes:
- Medjool Date, Pear and Brie Skewers
- Greek Yogurt with Honey, Macerated Citrus and Medjool Dates
- Roasted Beet, Watermelon and Medjool Date Salad
- Medjool Date Citrus Cous Cous
- Medjool Date Power Balls
- Medjool Date Syrup (an excellent option as a ham glaze)