The Bard Valley Medjool Date Growers Association has created six recipes to celebrate Easter and Passover.
The spring holidays are one of the busiest times of the year for sales of the association’s Bard Valley Natural Delights-branded dates, according to a news release from the Bard Valley, Calif.-based group.
“It’s no surprise that medjool dates perform exceptionally well during spring holidays, especially with the consistent increase in popularity of medjools as a recipe enhancer,” Ed O’Malley, president of Datepac, which in collaboration with the association provides 70% of the U.S. medjool crop, said in the release.
“Perfect for warmer weather, medjool dates can be used as a sweet snack, in colorful spring salads, in baked goods and even in refreshing smoothies.”
The six new recipes:
- Medjool Date, Pear and Brie Skewers
- Greek Yogurt with Honey, Macerated Citrus and Medjool Dates
- Roasted Beet, Watermelon and Medjool Date Salad
- Medjool Date Citrus Cous Cous
- Medjool Date Power Balls
- Medjool Date Syrup (an excellent option as a ham glaze)