In an attempt to help stop hunger in the U.S., C&S Wholesale Grocers, Keene, N.H., participated in Hunger Action Month in September.
For the 10th year, C&S employees participated in the company’s Food for Kids drive, according to a news release.
C&S matched each pound collected with a $1 contribution to Feeding America for the BackPack Program.
This program provides nutritious food to children over weekends and during school vacations, according to the release.
C&S also made financial investments in nine Feeding America member food banks in or near communities where the company has a presence.
The food banks are:
- Hawaii Food Bank, Honolulu;
- Food Bank of Western Massachusetts, North Hatfield, Mass.;
- New Hampshire Food Bank, Manchester, N.H.;
- Capital Area Food Bank, Washington. D.C.;
- The Community Food Bank of Central Alabama, Birmingham;
- Foodshare, Bloomfield, Conn.;
- Food Bank of Contra Costa & Solano, Concord, Calif.;
- Maryland Food Bank, Baltimore; and
- Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana, Indianapolis.
Each food bank is receiving financial support for different reasons like, expanding family Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program registration to funding a mobile pantry program.
C&S also donates food to member food banks throughout the year, according to the release.