Courtesy C&S Wholesale Grocers Inc.The charitable arm of C&S Wholesale Grocers Inc. raised $1.65 million for pediatric cancer and childhood hunger causes at its annual golf outing.The charitable arm of C&S Wholesale Grocers Inc. raised $1.65 million for pediatric cancer and childhood hunger causes at its annual golf outing.
The 29th annual “Tee Up For Kids” was held Aug. 5-6 and raised funds for six nonprofit organizations, according to a news release from Keene, N.H.-based C&S Charities Inc.
More than 960 golfers on four courses in three states participated in the event, which benefited six charities:
- Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth: $450,000 for care and treatment of children in the pediatric oncology unit;
- Hole in the Wall Gang Camp: $125,000 for camper participation;
- Jimmy Fund/Dana-Farber Cancer Institute: $200,000 for pediatric cancer research;
- Feeding America: $425,000 for the national Back Pack Program and child hunger initiatives;
- Share Our Strength: $400,000 for the No Kid Hungry campaign; and
- The Community Kitchen: $50,000 for a freezer to expand food distributions to local families.