Twelve chefs will compete in the Vidalia Onion Festival’s Golden Onion cooking competition.
The competition requires chefs to create and prepare a dish made with Vidalia onions in an hour.
The 12 chefs represent various aspects of Georgia cuisine:
- Jamie Allred, executive chef, Lake Rabun Hotel & Restaurant, Lakemont, Ga.;
- Costanzo Astarita, executive chef, Fig Jam Kitchen & Bar, Atlanta;
- Brian Jones, chef de cuisine, Atlanta Grill at The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta;
- Justin Keith, executive chef, Food 101, Atlanta;
- John Mark Lane, executive chef, Elements Bistro & Grill, Lyons, Ga.;
- Jared Lee Pyles, executive chef, HD1, Atlanta;
- Todd Richards, chef de cuisine, The Cafe at The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead, Atlanta;
- Austin Rocconi, executive chef, Le Vigne Restaurant at Montaluce, Dahlonega, Ga.;
- Dave Snyder, owner and executive chef, Halyards, St. Simons Island, Ga.;
- Marc Taft, owner and executive chef, Chicken & The Egg, Marietta, Ga.;
- Hilary White, owner and executive chef, The Hil On the Hill: A Restaurant at Serenbe, Palmetto, Ga.; and
- Richard Wiggins, executive chef, Spice Market at W Hotel Atlanta-Midtown, Atlanta.
The winner of the contest will receive the Golden Onion trophy to hold for one year and $500.