Pitman also worked with citrus varieties which included developing and patenting the mandarin-type orange known as the ponkan and was a pioneer citrus nurseryman and also served as president of the Florida Citrus Research Foundation.
Citrus hall of fame to induct honorees
12/16/2013 04:53:00 PM
- UPDATED: Wawona stone fruit recall spurred by Australian tests
- UPDATED: Mexico signs food safety statement with U.S.
- Texas shipper indicted for fraud, money laundering
- Scotlynn launches tray pack line for corn
- UPDATED: Martori perfects its hot wash system for cantaloupes
- Sysco pays $19.4 million to settle refrigeration case