Consultant Julie Krivanek plans to offer a free Web seminar on strategic business thinking Sept. 23, part of the Produce Marketing Association Foundation for Industry Talent series for young professionals.
The seminar is set for 12 noon Eastern time. Registration and information is available online.
Krivanek’s topics are expected to include:
- how strategic thinking is shaped by industry forces;
- how it differs from strategic planning;
- how to assess whether you’re a natural strategic thinker;
- organizational and industry intelligence;
- why most ideas fall flat; and
- tips for thinking strategically.
She founded Denver-based Krivanek Consulting in 1990. Krivanek was a speaker at PMA’s Foodservice Conference in July. She has taught business and leadership skills for the United Fresh Produce Association’s produce industry leadership program since its inception.