The event will feature discussions about the possibility of a U.S. Department of Agriculture Research and Promotion Board to help grow per capita consumption of pineapples in the U.S., Will Cavan, co-founder and executive director the group said in a news release. “With a major paradigm shift in the way that pineapples are distributed away from the Big 3 (multinational companies) to a fractionalized network of second tier companies, the timing is ripe for a restructuring of how information and standards are disseminated,” Cavan said in the release.
The event is set for the Marriot Hotel in San Jose, Costa Rica. Speakers at the event include:
- Allan Acosta, supply chain manager for tropical fruits, Ready Pac Foods Inc.;
- Dr. Domingo Haroldo Reinhardt, International Society Horticultural Scientists;
- Raul Romero, president and chief operating officer, Chestnut Hill Farms;
- Kevin Manning, owner of Dulce Fresh LLC;
- Raul Alfonso, executive vice president and chief commercial officer, Tampa Port Authority;
- Marco Gonzalez V., agricultural specialist, APHIS - International services, U.S. Department of Agriculture;
- Sonia Jimenez, director, Promotion and Economics Division, U.S. Department of Agriculture.;
- Dr. Humberto LeBlanc, Earth University, Costa Rica; and
- Dr. Max Villalobos, Valent Bio Sciences.
For more information about the event and to register, contact Cavan at email@example.com.