George DeLallo Company, Pittsburgh, recently introduced a new product line to brighten up salads.
The manufacturer/shipper of olives, antipasti and specialty Italian products created SaladSavors, portioned for mixing with a bag of lettuce.
“Great food is one of the simplest pleasures of every day, but it’s hard to find time,” said Giuliana Pozzuto, director of marketing, in a news release. “So many of us settle for convenient, boring food options. SaladSavors brings new and exciting flavors to the table, made to enjoy anywhere, anytime.”
The SaladSavors line has five topping combinations:
- Zesty — feta, red peppers and Calamata olives
- Bold — gorgonzola, dried pears & almonds
- Sharp — asiago, marinated artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes
- Vibrant — blue cheese, dried cherries and pecans
- Fresh — goat cheese, dried cranberries and walnuts
DeLallo SaladSavors will be available at select retailers this fall in the refrigerated produce section.