(UPDATED COVERAGE 4:39 p.m.) Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A. is adding single-serve salad bowls and fruit snack packs — both with proteins — under the Nature Made brand to its product offerings, a move backed by expanded production lines at its Dallas facility.
Shipments began in July, said Dennis Christou, Del Monte vice president of marketing for North America. Initial availability is in the Midwest plus Texas and nearby states, he said, and there are plans to expand.
The Nature Made salad bowls offer a complete meal and include:
- Caesar salad with white chicken;
- Turkey and bacon Cobb salad;
- Chef salad with turkey and ham; and
- Greek style salad with white chicken.
Each comes with a fork and dressing – plus an after-meal breath mint.
The snack pack products include:
- Turkey and Swiss with red grapes, red apple slices, turkey slices, Swiss cheese, and crackers; and
- Turkey sausage links and pancakes with grapes, buttermilk pancakes, apples, turkey breakfast sausage and syrup, among other offerings.
Del Monte is also expanding fresh-cut produce capacity to provide more items and blends. New equipment allows the company to process bagged, single-serve, fresh-cut fruit and vegetables for schools, convenience stores, traditional retailers and foodservice.
A new U.S. Department of Agriculture-certified facility – about 30,000 square feet – has been added to Del Monte’s Dallas operations. The site is up and running.
“(It) was built directly next to our current Dallas distribution center and fresh-cut operation,” Christou said.
“As one of the largest fresh-cut suppliers, extending our product line to include salads and snacks for the on-the-go consumer was a logical move,” he said.