Driscoll Strawberry Associates Inc. has changed its upper management structure, highlighted by the appointment of a new president.
Kevin Murphy, formerly president of Driscoll’s of the Americas, has been named president/chief operating officer of Watsonville, Calif.-based Driscoll’s, according to a company news release.
The new group of managers is set to be in place by Dec. 1. Other members will include:
- Sean Martin, chief financial officer
- Lynne Oldham, chief human resource officer
- David Sterry, senior vice president, global R&D, business development and strategic planning
- Soren Bjorn, executive vice president, Driscoll’s of the Americas
- Theo Houwen, senior vice president, Driscoll’s of Europe, Middle East and Africa
The new structure was created to enhance Driscoll’s global business strategy, according to the release.
“Our mission is to continually delight berry consumers through alignment with our customers and our berry growers,” Miles Reiter, Driscoll’s chairman and chief executive officer, said in the release. “Over the last 25 years, we have seen Driscoll’s grow and develop into a multi-faceted leader of the North American fresh berry industry, with expanding brand presence in other parts of the world. The changes in our executive management structure will position the company to build new capabilities for the next 25 years of continued growth in this exciting industry,”