July FSMA deadlines:
- HACCP requirements become effective;
- The USDA must establish science-based standards for conducting hazard analysis; and
- Companies are required to renew their food facility registration.
January 2012 and beyond dealines are:
- Issuance of final rule on Produce Safety Standards one year after comment period closes on proposed rule;
- Lab accreditation program requirements established;
- New recordkeeping rules for high-risk foods; and
- Risk-based foreign supplier verification activities go into effect.